Digital Manager, Regional Social Enterprise
Based in City, Country: Nairobi, Kenya
Travel: Up to 20% local and international travel
Reports to: Global Digital Health Advisor, PSI
Who we are Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries, committed to empowering everyone to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI uses its global presence and more than 50 years of experience to help reinvent healthcare. We work to shape market systems, change policies and financing, and build global capacity to better support consumer-empowered healthcare. PSI is now moving forward with a social enterprise (SE) approach in key markets in the Southern, Eastern and Western African regions. This approach includes the use of appropriate business models, marketing and pricing strategies as well as significant procurement and operational efficiencies to provide affordable pricing while moving towards medium to long term sustainable funding.
Join us! PSI is looking to employ Digital Manager who will help us execute a strategy focused on generating profitable and/or sustainable business growth. This function is to play a lead role in the development of the digital marketing strategy for the East Africa regional social enterprise. The position is part of the Marketing Department and reports to the Global Digital Health Advisor, PSI. You will be part of a creative team that will need your technical knowledge and skills to help with social media marketing and digital design work. The incumbent will work alongside the extended sales team, develop the email and social calendar to ensure there is a dynamic and engaging customer plan, focusing on seasonality, content and offers /investments optimized to maximize profitability. Alongside the Marketing Manager, you will develop customer segmentation to improve customer experience, ensure relevance throughout the customer journey and drive our digital transformation by leveraging data and converting it into business action. Lead digital capacity building within the marketing team, including the following: digital consumer behavior research/HCP, website and social asset performance management and content consulting, eCRM, social media , mobile/wearable, digital innovation, etc. Sound like you? Continue reading!
Design strategies for customer acquisition and retention, across the contraceptive portfolio
• Collaborate with Global Digital Manager to design digital ecosystem and communication strategies
• Develop and monitor smart Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the return on investment (ROI) of all digital investments
Develop digital media plans to support the achievement of business objectives
• Work with the marketing team to develop annual digital media plans
• Translate annual plans into specific monthly/quarterly work plans and budgets
• Apply marketing research to learn and understand emerging trends, technologies and innovations in the digital space and use the information to regularly optimize plans, communicating knowledge clearly and concisely
Ongoing collaboration with creative and/or digital agencies, for the development and timely execution of content schedules and media planning/buying
• Work with Global Digital Health Advisor and Digital Agency to develop digital strategy, including content calendars, aligned with communications strategies
• Manage online spending, through optimal planning and media buying
• Execute according to plans and timelines
• Coordinate effectiveness with key stakeholders
• Ensure adoption of relevant social media techniques and best practices across all channels and brands
Evaluate digital marketing campaigns and investments
• Regularly gather data and insights to understand what is working well and areas that need attention to improve the online consumer experience
• Measure and report the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and evaluate against business goals.
• Manage and track performance of digital properties
Digital Marketing Performance Metrics (KPIs)
- Leader – Increased marketing campaign revenue (revenue growth) – Qualified prospect and marketing database – Increased sales team activation metrics – Improved customer response to marketing campaigns – Enhanced content library •
- Lagging – 95% OTD – Campaign Materials and Content – 95% of campaign revenue targets are met. – 80% increased visibility on the market. – X to Y growth in MQL database – X to Y growth of CTR%
What are we looking for?
• Post-graduation degree in business management or mass communication – specializing in digital marketing • Preferably a degree or certificate in digital marketing
• 3-5 years of experience in planning and executing digital campaigns in the FMCG or Pharmaceutical industries.
• Solid understanding of digital marketing (SEM, mobile technology) and paid social media
• Technical know-how for the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of digital campaigns
• Ability to work and manage relationships with external agencies and ensure timely deliverables
• Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to copy and tell visual stories
• Good report writing and presentation skills
• Strategic, analytical and detail oriented
• The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and intercultural skills; a passion for private sector development approaches; and proven ability to deliver results.
• Spirit of process improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to getting the job done effectively and efficiently. We are looking for people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who will not hesitate to share their ideas to make it happen. • Team player. You know how to connect several different groups of people in order to get things done.
• Self-starter. You’re not afraid to jump right in and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: You use concrete evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goals in advance and make it clear if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You will strive to achieve the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You acknowledge your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way to learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of who you can count on for what, in your team, at headquarters and in our country offices – if you try to do everything yourself, you will not succeed.
• Trust: You accept the limits of your sphere of control and give your colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are here for the long haul and want to grow with the organization, just as PSI serves its consumers and partners with host country governments through thick and thin.
Other Essential Traits:
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop recommendations, and ability to persuade/influence the organization to pursue the recommended path
• Demonstrated leadership skills; effective decision maker, problem solver; strategic thinker. Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines under high levels of pressure.
• Excels in interacting with a diverse group of people at all levels, including senior management
How to register
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current curriculum vitae by May 31, 2022 to [email protected]; Subject: Digital Manager, Social Enterprise applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status , personal appearance, license plate, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities. , gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran, or uniformed service member status or employment status.