The COVID-19 pandemic has had several effects on the business landscape this year, but the need to revisit digital transformation efforts and strategies is one that has been keenly felt by all businesses around the world. Business leaders are under immense pressure to take decisive action and bet on investments that will pay off, while delicately balancing employee and business needs with capitalization of emerging opportunities. As a result, business agility, along with the employee and customer experience, has become even more critical to success.
We continue to learn to adapt and adjust as needed. Doing it for many organizations can be a challenge. But the evolution towards a Autonomous digital business (ADE) can help businesses embrace the principles to ensure employees are engaged and customers are taken care of. This type of organization harnesses automation and applies intelligence to stay agile in the face of change, drive growth with customer-centric strategies, and use actionable insights at all times to deliver the innovation needed for success.
ADE is the future state of affairs – a business where agile, customer-centric and knowledge-driven businesses bring their A-game to evolve all aspects of their business to compete and succeed amidst disruption. Success relies on the development of new technology-based operating models that:
- Offer a transcendent customer experience, giving customers and employees what they need by making technology feel more human – from creating do-it-yourself experiences, to recognizing mobile devices as the primary channel for leveraging technology. analysis and orchestration for a frictionless experience.
- Apply automation everywhere adopting hyper-automation, operations automation and enterprise service management to drive automated business processes as a complementary business function working with human employees for greater efficiency, speed and accuracy.
- Support corporate DevOps in driving continuous improvement by pushing the principles of DevOps processes across the organization to drive business agility, optimize for consistent delivery of applications and services, and embrace culture change and behavioral for a frictionless environment.
- Drive data-driven business results Create value from assets by adopting a mindset that supports a systematic approach to strategy, architecture, operations and data execution. Where decisions are supported by the data that runs the business today and can predict opportunities in the future.
- Protect the organization with adaptive cybersecurity with security functions that can automatically detect, detect and respond to access requests, authentication needs, internal and external threats, and meet regulatory compliance to provide a holistic approach to cybersecurity for speed and l ‘agility.
More than just a business philosophy, ADE is a way of life that inspires innovation in companies in all sectors and all geographic areas. It’s a crucial part of our business philosophy and we embed it in everything we do, from creating new products and solutions to how we operate within our larger business ecosystem. We continue to focus on applying intelligence and automation to reinvent our customers’ technological transformations.
For example, at our BMC Exchange 2020 virtual event in October, we featured several compelling stories from our clients to highlight their unique ADE journeys. We were happy to announce that Tampa General Hospital (TGH) had started using our application workflow orchestration solution, Control-M, to help monitor intensive care capacity and conditions as part of efforts to fight COVID-19 through a network of healthcare providers and hospitals in the region.
With the Control-M solution, TGH accesses near real-time capacity and demand information, providing critical insight into the region’s ability to respond to the pandemic. With more than 50 hospitals in the Tampa Bay area, TGH can now automate the aggregation, analysis and reporting of much needed hospital information, providing hospital staff with important information 5 hours faster than ever before. They can also monitor the number of intensive care unit (ICU) beds, ventilators and other resources needed to fight COVID-19 and treat those affected.
The effects of the pandemic have prompted organizations like TGH, and all of us, to rethink the way we do things in all aspects of business – from creating new innovations to how we invest and how we reinvent. what we do for greater value. We are at a crossroads where reinvestment is essential but requires reinvention through creative thinking and insight-driven action.
The Accenture Technology Vision 2020 The report points out that the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated three years of digital and cultural transformation in three months. As we enter a new year and continue to navigate the changes underway, every business realizes the value of a more technology-driven strategy to stay competitive. But a clear strategy is as effective as its execution. People, products and processes must come together to deploy transformation strategies that work.
- People: One of the main challenges has been the ability to foster innovation and create a culture of remote collaboration. Leaders need to collect employee feedback to understand how and where they can support their work and improve processes through automation that can prevent them from innovating more strategically. Eliminating repetitive and mundane tasks frees up a more efficient workforce with the time, energy, and creativity to innovate in meaningful ways. Internal systems must facilitate collaboration and ensure transparency of workflows.
- Product: Data Deloitte found that 74% of AI users agree that it will be integrated into all business applications within three years. A commitment to infuse AI into all product ideation, development and delivery needs will be essential as businesses continue to cope with the ongoing changes to the marketplace. The functionality of the product must go beyond what is required now and recognize, anticipate and predict what will be required in the future.
- To treat: A well-defined set of processes leads to a well-executed strategy. Without organization-wide workflows that enable operational efficiency, strategies remain static on paper. Analyzing existing processes and workflows, then identifying opportunities for improvement through orchestration, integration and automation enables companies to move from creative ideation to innovative products and solutions. , competitive and differentiated.
We all face unique AND common challenges today, but with the right formula and the right strategy, every great organization can achieve its goals and plan for the future. The Autonomous Digital Business Framework helps business leaders think critically about different areas of the organization to spur the needed reinvention. With change comes opportunities, and companies that can quickly identify and exploit opportunities will see the benefits now and in the future.